KaM Editor is a map editor tool for Knights&Merchants TPR. For it's main advantage it features nice WYSIWYG map editing. Be it terrain painting with brushes or height editing and mountains creation.
City planner is included in Editor aswell, althrough it's not entirely complete and will be improved in next releases.
I intend this to be a thread about KaM Editor where I will write whats new and whats planned. Aswell I'm interested in your suggestions and constructiv critics. Since I don't speak Polish at all I have no clue what have been discussed in this forum already.
Recent minor releases 0.5b-0.5f feature whole lot of small bugs fixed here and there. I don't claim my tools are bugfreeand I don't like collecting bugreports in a chest, instead I try to fix bugs as fast as possible and release updated version, thats why many updates.
Latest available version of KaM Editor (0.5f it is) can be downloaded from http://krom.rscsites.org/ > Other
P.S. I don't speak Polish at all.
And of course I have questions:
1. About "load image" - how to preapare the image? Should it be painted in gray scale? Can I load two images to one project? Is the size and scale of the image important? I think, that this is all, but you can of course write something else about this function.
2. I am doing my landscape and I saved it with .map extension. Should I be afraid that one day i will be surprised with message "saving is disabled"? Can I solve this problem? And how to save project with .pro extension? I don't see this option.
Sorry, if questions are silly.
Greetings and thank's for your good job. Kepp going
1. That function works almost for any Windows BMP image, greyscale or color (which gets converted to greyscale anyway). Image size should be same as map size - e.g. 176x176px, but that's not mandatory. You can try various patterns to see how the look
2. No, that message should never appear, unless you edit your map in some other Editor, in that case it will become non-saveable in my Editor due to loss of specific data appended to file. PRO format was dropped out as useless.
But function "load image" doesn't work. When I load image i receive error message "Interger overflow", and then I got many messages "Range check error" - message after message so I must exit program with Crtl-Alt-Del.
Than I tried with simple project - 112x112 map with only one mountain and image with three colours - white, grey and black. This problem occures too. So I resized image to 112x112 pixels and than application showed message "too big map or not a KaM map", than "Bitmap size doesn't match scenery size" and after this another not-ending set of "Range check error".
If you know, how to solve this problem I will be thankful. If you are not sure, but you think you know - tell me all your noticions, I will try to find solution myself.
If not - don't waste your time. I'll wait for another version of your editor - I hope the problem can be solved itself.
If I'm not wrong I am the only person, who is using this function, so the answer isn't necessary. I will do my map with "elevate" buttons . It will be less precise, but enough.
But I installed 0.5f (downloaded from your site) and problem is solved.
I must work on 192x192 px image, so it is difficult, but for me the most important is fact, that this solution works (for example it is the best for making walls, bridges and other buildings).
So thanks. I see, that your editor is becomming more and more powerful (WISIWYG, 8 different players to insert etc. etc.), so keep going.
Greetings and thanks again .
- Użytkownik Forum
- Posty: 1051
- Rejestracja: 01 wrz 2007, 14:05
- Lokalizacja: ....Radom....
Я передаю привет в российском языке такж Krom