An opinions about Dark Lord's campaign in English

The Forum for discussions in English

Moderatorzy: kuba11100, The Viking, Moderatorzy

Awatar użytkownika
Ricardo Kaka
Użytkownik Forum
Kontakt:

Post autor: Ricardo Kaka »

Your campaign is topping about neither hard neither I am simple (easy) for like player ideal congratulations. I apologize for my weak english. :(
Obrazek
cash-4-you.com.pl
Awatar użytkownika
The Dark Lord
Użytkownik Forum

Post autor: The Dark Lord »

Thank you. :)
Awatar użytkownika
Ricardo Kaka
Użytkownik Forum
Kontakt:

Post autor: Ricardo Kaka »

I played first 6 mission and they are according to I on a lot high level than it with kampani TSK or TPR. I have swindled wishes due to your missions for creation personal and I get down for work exactly.

I apologize for my bad english. :( :(
Obrazek
cash-4-you.com.pl
Awatar użytkownika
Filus
Użytkownik Forum

Post autor: Filus »

I finished all map in your campaign... all without 16 mission. In my opinion win this map is impossible, because second attack black player of ally is to fast and human player don't have time, so that protect ally. When ally lost garner human player also have game over. This is not only my opinion about 16 mission(that this mission never human player win), other players also to think too. Therefore I think, that you must repair this bug in your mission(You must will make this map easier). I think that I find other bug. Always when I play, my ally build only inn and stoped build, I think, that this is not intended action. Other mission are OK, but I change to sequence in your campaign, because for example 14 and 15 missions are easier than 11. Greeting. See you soon;)
Awatar użytkownika
The Dark Lord
Użytkownik Forum

Hi Filus,

you are right about the difficulty of mission 16. It is extremely difficult, but I warned you for that. When I improve mission 16 (that will be when I improved the other missions as well), it will be automatically easier. Why? Because the problem is that there are too many soldiers. The solution is to delete some, which makes it automatically easier. :)
And yes, you are also right about those other missions which are easier than mission 11. I was planning to make mission 11 easier, so 12/13/14/15 will be as difficult as mission 11 or more difficult. However, I got many positive reactions about this mission, and therefore I decided not to edit it. Mission 15 is really to easy though, and I will add some enemy units or delete some of the human player to make it more difficult.

At Lewin's site you can now download the campaign with mission 1-7 improved. Especially mission 7 has become a lot nicer (the enemy's base has been split up, so you have now two enemies who will attack you and your ally. Your ally will attack too, and you are able to see more of him). So if there is someone who did not play it yet... ;)
Awatar użytkownika
Filus
Użytkownik Forum

If we talk about 11 mission. This is great mission(I must 3 times play this mission and just 3 times I win;)) and I think too, that you don't must make modificatio this mission. I think, that better result achive to, that if you change a number this mission - for example at 14-15;). This is IMHO good idea;).
BTW. Even you don't know, how good I you understand to this problem(balance you 16 mission). My first mission(that is this map, when I wrote to you - I hope, that you remember) all people treat to crock of shit... This was bad time. You are at least recognized good mapmaker and people only say you what you must repair.
Greeting.
Awatar użytkownika
The Dark Lord
Użytkownik Forum

If I change the number of the mission, the storyline is not correct anymore, so this is no option. ;)

Yes, I remember about your map. If it concerns KaM, I remember nearly anything (that is a pity! It would be more usefull if I remember things I learned at school!).
The problem in mission 16 is even more difficult than you may think. If I have to delete some soldiers, I must change the defence of all players. Why? Because I programmed the defence of your enemies in a way that they will help each other at defending. I placed some groups of soldiers from player 5 near player 3 (for example, I don't know if this is true). If player 3 is under attack, soldiers of player 5 (which I gave a defence radius of 100 or so) will come as well.
I did this to make the enemy inpredictable and less easy to defeat. Also, because the soldiers which are defending near another player have defence importance 1, they will attack as well. This may result in one player attacking from different positions.

I hope you understand some of this. I won't blame you if you don't, because it is not easy. :P
Awatar użytkownika
Filus
Użytkownik Forum

When it comes to I understand, because I am experienced to script. I have in my possessions repair 14 mission TPR(I don't had time, that testing this mission, but I think, that I don't scupper to this;)), 3 my mission(this mission made on fundament) and IMHO this missions are good, but even very good. Therefore I know what you speaking, I had such like problems(I make big map with 8 players(as yet - always)). If you want, I may help you with repair 16 mission, but I know that is YOUR mission and I don't take offence to if you say "NO". BTW. Ally should build other building except inn(because I don't notice this fact)?
Awatar użytkownika
The Dark Lord
Użytkownik Forum

As far as I know, our ally does build more buildings. Eventually he will build a barracks and then he will even train soldiers like sword fighters, crossbowmen and pikemen.
It is very strange that your ally doesn't build any more than an inn. I haven't had trouble with this. I will look for it as well.
Awatar użytkownika
Michailoff

Post autor: Michailoff »

Your mission number 16 is unenforceable. Tyrant soldiers and bases is far too much. I will to play final verison of this epilogue of your campaign because I know that this is just the Beta verison of your mission, unless overlooked premiere of the final version ...

//My english is bad. I had to use a translator to write even this short post...
//Michailoff
Crimson (king) Michailoff
ODPOWIEDZ